Return to Sweet Necessi-Teas

Monday, October 06, 2008

Teapot Centerpiece


Every now and then, I run across a teapot that has lost its lid, usually through breakage. Many of the teapots are very old and a replacement cannot be found. Such was the case with this sweet German teapot decorated with soft pink roses. It captured my heart and I just had to take it home. I thought about trying to find a similar lid, but decided it would serve another purpose without the effort—it would be perfect as a vase! A quick stop by the grocery store for a dozen roses and a search through my cabinets for some silk ivy was all that I needed for the project. I cut the roses so that they were just taller than the teapot, stripped the leaves, tucked in a couple of ivy sprays, added water and a beautiful centerpiece was ready for my tea table in just minutes. Beautiful, don’t you agree?

2 comments:

Brown Bee Studio said...

Oh Karen,
This is gorgeous! As you already know, I LOVE to see orphaned china and porcelain put to another good use. I'd have scooped this teapot up too!
xoxo, Andie

cathy said...

That teapot looks like it was specially made for that flower arrangement! Simply beautiful!