Return to Sweet Necessi-Teas

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pink October


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I was just thinking about how many women I have known that have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Quite a few. My mom is a survivor, as well as 2 sister-in-laws. 5 friends. The odds are pretty high that you or I or someone close to you will have it at some point.

That's why I have decided to partner with Make Mine PINK for a cure. All profits from every Make Mine PINK for a cure product sold will be donated to breast cancer research. Make Mine Pink for a cure products can be purchased here:
http://www.cafepress.com/makeminepink/3634559
Here's another great charity that I support. A member of my church is the founder of a non-profit foundation that I thought might be of interest during Pink October. The foundation is Cleaning For A Reason. Its sole purpose is to provide professional house cleaning free of charge to any woman while she is undergoing cancer treatment. Cleaning For A Reason donates this cleaning service to women with all types of cancer, but breast cancer is the most prevalent within the women served. Started only a year and a half ago, there are now 50 residential cleaning services in more than 20 states that have committed to providing nearly 2,400 benevolence cleanings this year (2007).

They gladly accept donations to help pay for supplies and services provided to the women. If you are interested in reading more about it, her website is http://www.cleaningforareason.org/.
Please consider supporting one or both of these charities. Together, we can make a difference!

3 comments:

Miss Rhea said...

Thank you for supporting such a worthy cause. I am involved in a multi seller charity event on ebay that kicks off this Sunday evening. Over 70 items were donated by different sellers for the Susan Koman Foundation. My group P.E.P on ebay does this every year and we are hoping that this will be our biggest year ever. I don't think that there is a woman out there who hasn't been touched by Breast Cancer, either through a loved one , or themselves. Thank You Karen, you have such a BIG and Loving heart. Hugs,
Rhea

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Here's to wonderful sales this month !

(())

Sherry said...

I think you women are wonderful. I found you through The Scented Cottage and am just amazed at the effort and initiative you women have taken to support the cause. I am a 2 year breast cancer survivor and am grateful for your support. I have written about this on my breast cancer blog and included your blog link as well.

Many thanks.