Return to Sweet Necessi-Teas

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1930's Austrian Porcelain Child's Tea Set

A couple of weeks ago, I was spending a day with my daughter, hitting our favorite antique shops, and look what I found:



This vintage porcelain child's tea set was made in Austria in the 1930's. Each piece features a delicate blue and white floral pattern with thin blue line accents on spout and handles. A green overglaze stamp on each piece reads, "Porzellanfabrick Arzberg Arzberg (Bayern)" which identifies the region of manufacture as Arzberg, Austria. The set includes a teapot, covered sugar, creamer, 4 tea cups and saucers, and 4 linen napkins (not original to the set) with a similar floral design. The set is in excellent condition. There is a small flea bite on the inside rim of the sugar bowl and I am not sure that the sugar bowl lid is original, as it differs in design from the teapot lid. However, the color is right and it fits... Too sweet!


Blue and white seems to be the hot new trend, again! Of course, I never stopped loving it...
For purchasing information, please visit my website at http://www.sweetnecessi-teas.com/

1 comment:

Jeannie B. said...

I love this tea set! Lucky you!